Absolute BJJ Academy
Code of Conduct
At Absolute BJJ Academy, we are committed to establishing a secure, respectful, and encouraging training environment for all our members. Our Code of Conduct outlines the principles and behavior we expect from every individual within our esteemed BJJ community. By embracing these guidelines, we can cultivate a culture of mutual respect, personal growth, and unity.
- Respect for All: Demonstrate unwavering respect and consideration towards your fellow students, instructors, and staff members. We uphold a zero-tolerance policy for discrimination, harassment, bullying, or any behavior that undermines respect and dignity.
- Safety First: Prioritize the safety and well-being of yourself and others at all times. Adhere to the guidance of our skilled instructors, practice proper training techniques, and avoid any actions that could jeopardize the safety of any participant.
- Personal Hygiene: Maintain impeccable personal hygiene by showering before each class, wearing freshly laundered training attire, and ensuring your nails are properly trimmed. This ensures a hygienic and comfortable training atmosphere for everyone.
- Punctuality: Arrive promptly for classes and honor the schedule. In the event of tardiness, wait for the instructor’s approval before joining the class to prevent disrupting ongoing activities.
- Humility and Openness: Embrace the spirit of humility and a receptiveness to learning. Embody a willingness to accept constructive feedback from both instructors and peers, and readily help others on their journey to improvement.
- Leave Ego at the Door: Remember that Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is a voyage of self-improvement. Set aside your ego and approach training with the intention of personal growth rather than establishing dominance.
- Cleanliness and Maintenance: Contribute to the cleanliness and organization of the training area and facilities. After using any training equipment, ensure it is returned to its designated place, and diligently clean up any perspiration or debris.
- Communication: Should you have inquiries, concerns, or feedback, communicate respectfully and constructively with instructors or staff members. Open communication fosters an environment of continuous improvement.
- Proper Attire: Wear suitable BJJ attire during classes, including a clean gi (uniform) and rash guard. Maintain your training gear in excellent condition.
- Cooperation, Not Competition: While BJJ entails sparring, emphasize collaboration over competition during training sessions. Remember, our goal is collective growth.
- Alcohol and Substance Policy: Participate in classes with a clear mind and body. The consumption of alcohol or controlled substances before training is strictly prohibited due to the associated safety risks.
- Social Media Etiquette: When sharing content related to the academy on social media, exercise prudence and honor the privacy of fellow students. Refrain from divulging sensitive training tactics or strategies.
- Academy Property: Exhibit reverence for the academy’s property and facilities. Any deliberate damage to property will result in appropriate consequences.
- Upholding the Reputation: Recognize that your conduct reflects the reputation of Absolute BJJ Academy. Display a positive demeanor within and beyond the academy’s walls.
Consequences of Violations: Breach of this Code of Conduct may lead to verbal warnings, suspension, or expulsion from the academy, based on the gravity and recurrence of the misconduct.
By adhering to this Code of Conduct, we can collectively foster an inclusive and supportive community at Absolute BJJ Academy, where everyone can pursue learning and personal progress. We sincerely appreciate your presence in our academy!